How To Lose Weight Effectively?
A famous saying, “health is wealth,” holds an immense meaning as one should remain healthy since health is considered the most precious asset. In fact, maintaining an ideal weight is the key to living a healthy and content life as it helps safeguard you from various diseases and conditions, including heart diseases, high blood pressure, breathing problems, and many more.
According to the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC), obesity rates in the United States have been rose in recent years. In fact, in 2010, more than one-third of American adults were having obesity. Here are some ways to help you promote long-lasting and sustainable weight loss.
Image Source- https://unsplash.com/photos/wKnLfKFZgqk
- Try Intermediate Fasting
Intermediate fasting (IF), also known as intermittent energy restriction, is an eating pattern that includes regular short-term fasting and consuming food within a shorter time frame throughout the day. Many studies have explored the short-term effects of IF, leading to healthy weight loss.
Following are the most common methods for Intermediate fasting:
- Alternative day fasting (ADF) - Fast on alternative days and normally eat on non-fasting days. However, the modified version includes eating just 25-30% of the body energy requirements on fasting days.
- The 5:2 method - This requires fasting on 2 out of every seven days. During the fasting days, eat only 500-600 calories.
- The 16/8 method - This includes fasting for 16 hours and eating during the 8-hour window. Additionally, most people prefer noon to 8 p.m. as their 8-hour window. Few studies have highlighted that time-restricted feeding is helpful in weight loss due to the lower calorie intake.
It's recommended that one maintain a healthy eating pattern to take note of overeating, particularly on non-fasting days.
- Prioritize Sleep
Several studies have proved that poor sleeping pattern is associated with a higher rate of obesity. Following are the considerable reason behind this.
Studies have also indicated that insufficient sleep appears to increase hunger and appetite. Plus, it decelerates the body's conversion of calories to energy, called metabolism. Due to the low metabolism, the body tends to store unused energy as fat. Another study has shown that sleep deprivation possibly increases the production of insulin and cortisol, which can lead to fat storage.
Though sleep requirements vary from person to person, most studies recommend at least 7 hours of sleep every night to maintain a healthy weight. To support a healthy sleeping pattern, follow a regular sleep schedule, and limit your caffeine consumption in the evening.
One research aims to examine the connection between weed use and obesity. The results indicate a lower prevalence of overweight and obesity among young weed users. Another study that has examined the association between weed and obesity also made the same conclusion. According to the experts, weed usage is connected to reduced BMI, lowering the chances of obesity. So, one can consider and research more about where to get cheap weed in Canada.
Image Source- https://unsplash.com/photos/5jctAMjz21A
- Eat Healthy Diet
Consuming foods rich in protein and fiber can help reduce your appetite and promote weight loss. Various research has highlighted the positive side of eating a protein-rich diet as it can help in reducing excess body fat.
Increasing the protein intake might also promote the feeling of fullness, lessen hunger, and reduce calorie intake — all factors contribute to weight loss. Many studies have highlighted that high fiber foods might help in reducing weight. Such food includes fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, nuts, and seeds.
Following are the healthiest food choices one can opt for:
- Eggs, fish, chicken breast
- Almonds, pumpkin seeds, peanuts
- Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt
- Lentils, quinoa
- Broccoli, berries, avocados
- Green leafy vegetables, including spinach and cabbage
- Apples, oranges, watermelon
- Cutting on Sugar and Unrefined Carbohydrates
Numerous pieces of research have shown the adverse effects of sugar as it can lead to obesity. On the other hand, refined carbohydrates are considered heavily processed foods that are longer hold any fiber.
Such food includes bread, pasta, and white rice. However, they get digestible quickly converted to glucose fast, and excess glucose provokes the hormone insulin, responsible for storing fat.
Try to swap processed and sugary foods for healthier options which include:
- Smoothies with water or milk (replace the fruit juice)
- Herb teas and fruit-infused water (replace the high-sugar sodas)
- fruit, nuts, and seeds (replace the high-sugar snacks)
- Whole-grain rice, bread, and pasta (replace the white versions)
Do not forget to include healthy fats in your diet. The human body generally needs healthy fats doesn’t matter what eating plan you opt for. Following are the great choices you can consider:
- Sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin seeds
- Flaxseed and Walnuts
- Fatty fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring, trout, sardines) and fish oil
- Soybean and safflower oil
- Soymilk and tofu
- Butter and coconut oil
Image Source- https://unsplash.com/photos/LNDgBERq8Q0
Remember, losing weight takes time, so the best way to maintain a healthy weight is by consuming a healthy, nutritious, and balanced diet. Ensure to include protein and fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Replace refined carbs with healthy options such as drinks with water, trying probiotics, or drinking coffee. It's recommended to exercise for at least 30 minutes every day to promote long-lasting and sustainable weight loss.